Monday, December 25, 2017

Potential



Recently someone asked me when I was going to retire.  I told them I am already doing what I love, why would I retire?

The fact is, though, that I am seeing the effects of a lifetime of labour.  No body resists repetitive motions done pretty much every day forever.  So once again, with the coming of the new year, I am thinking hard about what it is I want to accomplish in my life. 

This time last year I was either at mom’s apartment or at hospice.  There was plenty of time to think as I sorted through her things.  Keep?  Give to family?  Donate to charity?  Toss?

This year has been a year of reflection.  What do I want to do?  Answers were not forthcoming so I resorted to the easy.  The comfortable.  With one goal only-to try and address my excessive stash.  

In that effort I claim limited success.  Limited, because I definitely have way too much stash.  A classic example of SABLE...Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy.  

So, after much thought I still have not come to much in the way of a plan.  I have decided to continue with the effort to publish the manuscript, in some sort of format.  I am still exploring possibilities but realized I needed a professional to help and have hired someone who has the appropriate knowledge.  I will meet with her next month in hopes of settling questions that I can’t answer on my own.  

2018 is already shaping up to be busy as we enter into the nitty gritty of conference planning.  Some things are well underway, some things need to be addressed in the next few weeks...as soon as the holiday is done.  

As for me, every day is a potential work/Weaving day.   So today I thread the loom and keep on, keeping on. 

1 comment:

Peg Cherre said...

I have decided to drop a few shows, but they are the smaller ones, so I still feel more pressure than I’d like to produce. Now it is to make wonderful pieces for photos for jurying, and if I’m accepted it will be to produce quantities of quality work.