Monday, March 13, 2017

Patience


Life has been trying - for a very long time - to teach me patience.  Unfortunately it's not a virtue I possess...

It feels like Life has been a whole lot of 'hurry up and wait' for a rather long time.  I am a planner and a do-er.  When I can't make plans because I am waiting for more information from someone else, I get a little...testy...anxious...and I can't concentrate.

So it has been for the past few weeks, waiting to hear if I was going to get the new cholesterol medication.  It's an injection and needs to be refrigerated, so I didn't know how that was going to impact my travel plans.

Turns out I can shift the dose as needed, or if I'm driving (say to Fibre Week in Olds) I can just take the syringe in a cooler bag with a cold pack.

I have had such poor luck with cholesterol medications I am really hoping that this one is the one for me.  It is specifically for people who cannot tolerate statins (raises hand) and for people with familial history of cholesterol issues (raises hand).  It's new on the market in Canada so I will be very interested to see how things go.

Now that I've been approved and questions answered, I can go ahead with my travel plans.  We have wanted to get to England/Sweden for quite a long time, and we might as well do it while we are still in reasonably good health.  To that end, we have also signed up at the Y.  I watched my mother become more and more frail as she dealt with one health issue after another,  I know that as fitness decreases, stamina decreases, energy decreases, etc.  So we are going to deal with our respective fitness issues and hope to stay as healthy as we can, for as long as we can.

Personally, I've got SABLE (Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy) and I need to weave that mountain down.  I have no kids to clean up after me.  I need to do it now, while I still can.,

Hurry up patience, I haven't got all day!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it works for you, Laura! And I agree with the fitness plan ... you gotta use it or you loose it!!! Go to Sweden!!! I'd love to someday! Maybe even take a weaving class there!!! You go girl!!!! And remember, she who dies with the biggest 'stash' wins!!! (Wink, wink) So keep on weaving and be sure to follow your dreams!!! XO Ann Marie

Fru EM's said...

Welcome to Sweden! If you're travelling here and come to the Gothenburg/Borås area I'll gladly point you to some interesting textile/weaving/knitting places. Hope all your plans works out. :)
Best wishes, Elaine

Laura Fry said...

Tack Elaine. I will be in the Va:xjo: area (one of these days I'll figure out how to get the dots OVER the letter!) and plan to attend Va:v. We will only be in Sweden for a little over a week, so probably can't make it to Gothenbug this time, although I would love to get back there.

Peg Cherre said...

You almost always have something in your post to make me smile. Come on patience, I haven't got all day!

Phillenore said...

Hi Laura, I've been enjoying your blog for some time now but have never commented. Your concern about using up stash hit a cord. My mother is 100 next week and still weaves. However, for a couple of years now she's refused to buy new yarn, protesting that she has to use up her stash. Much of that is old, not current colors that she enjoys, and not yarns that inspire her. She does it since she was raised not to waste and feels she must. My opinion? (and remember my husband observes that free advice is worth what you pay for it)... Forget about being concerned with what those who follow will do with what's left. Even if weaving is your business, it has to be fun and rewarding. Maybe a little time spent guiding those of the future to places they can dispose of your remaining stash, but ignore the rest, pack it into a corner, throw it away, give it away, but do what's fun. Best wishes, Phillenore