Friday, February 3, 2017

Revving Up



One of the things I did last year (maybe the year before!) was wind a bunch of rayon chenille scarf warps.  I managed to weave off a few of them, but there were seven warps, sitting in their boxes waiting, patiently.

In an effort to reduce rubble, I decided to weave them off.  So far, so good.  I think once the one currently in the loom is woven, there are just two left to do.

Unfortunately, I have lots more rayon chenille.  About 50 or so pounds of it.  The shelving unit is full, plus the two boxes on the floor, plus the boxes that are not in this photo.

However, there are still 60 yards of warp left on the AVL and I'd really like to get them finished.  The panels need to be done for the conference in Victoria the end of June, and I'm heading into a very busy teaching schedule in May/June, with homework from the Olds students beginning to arrive very soon.

So, as soon as I finish off the pre-wound chenille warps, I will fire up the AVL and see if it is in a snit having been ignored for so many months.

Currently reading Rather be the Devil by Ian Rankin

2 comments:

Rhonda from Baddeck said...

If the AVL was a cat, you'd definitely be in big trouble for ignoring it so long. Or a copy machine - they often rebel when they sense that you are desperate for them to perform. I hope the AVL is so happy to be working again that everything goes smoothly.

Peg Cherre said...

Keep on plugging, Laura. But don't push yourself too hard...