Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Light a Candle



I originally made this image a couple of years ago.  It was my attempt to explain my personal philosophy.

Right now, I feel the need to say it again.  And I will keep saying it.

As a human being, I believe that we are all in this same boat together.  We need to encourage, support and lift each other up.  That lighting someone else's life with hope or support will never, ever diminish me.  Rather, if there are two candles lit, the light will be doubled and the darkness driven back.

Light a candle.  Live with love, with hope.  Each one, light one...

2 comments:

steelwool said...

lovely sentiment

Rhonda from Baddeck said...

I'm currently listening to Col. Chris Hadfield's book "An Astronaut's Guide to Life." He says basically the same thing - it's never wasted effort to help someone else, because it makes the team stronger. When you're in a life-threatening situation, the smarter your colleagues are, the better your chances of survival. Lots of astronaut anecdotes and funny stories to illustrate the life lessons, and it's read by the author. Yours is an excellent message!