Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Twins

Maybe even triplets.



Although I have been trying to make each shawl on this warp in some way different (different tie-up, treadling or weft colour), in the case of this teal weft, I'm really pleased with how it is turning out and since I'm trying very hard to use up 'stale' stash, plus I think I have enough of this teal to do three shawls, and because it looks even better in real life than the photo, I'm on #2, planning on making three just like this.

The other side of the cloth has more of the warp showing because the tie up is a 1:3:1:3:1:3:3:1 tie up which makes this side of the cloth mostly weft.

I think it's going to look even better after wet finishing which will include a good hard press.  

3 comments:

Peg Cherre said...

Ooooo...I really love this one, too!

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

The color just sings to me; I love your eye for shades and how they combine.

Sandra Rude said...

Beautiful draft, and the yarn colors are indeed musical :-)