Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Nothing to See



Nothing new to see - just plugging away at the 40 yards of this warp, plus inserting a few warps of place mats on the small loom.

The good news (for me) is that all of the fine linen has been wound onto bobbins and is currently 'resting' in humidors.  Once that runs out I will switch to the red cotton and finish off whatever is left in red on red towels.  Stash busting proceeds!

This week is the annual 'fall fair' (yes, we have it in August!  Tells you something about our growing season...) and I was thinking I was going to have to spend every minute in the guild booth but a last minute volunteer came forward so now it looks like I will be able to get some weaving done in between trips to the fair grounds.  Since I'm feeling pressured to get stuff done, it was a relief to have the volunteer slots pretty much fill.

Just had a (deep tissue) massage and am under instruction to 'take it easy' so I'm going to go dress the small loom with another place mat warp and maybe wind another one - or two.  And it's time to get back to my daily walks - if you don't use it, you lose it - and I barely made it up the 4 flights of stairs to massage (thigh burn - yikes!)

Currently reading Brush Back by Sara Paretsky

1 comment:

Louisa said...

Wow! They make you exercise before your massage! At least you kind of get to float down all those stairs afterward. You do know that your understanding of taking it easy...isn't, right? ;)

Love the snowballs and pine trees!