Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Tis the Season




I seem to be well into the season, given my colour choices!

The above picture is #2 scarf on the current painted warp.  Two more and this warp will be done.  And then one more red warp and I can finally cross "weave painted scarf warps" off my task list.  It seems like forever.

And way to go Canada Post.  I only placed the yarn order last week and the box is already here.  This warp is going onto the AVL because it needs to be wider than will fit on the Leclerc (41" in the reed).

While I had a rough idea of what I wanted to do - enough to go ahead and order the yarn - the fine details still need to be worked out.  While I wove on the scarf I ran through a bunch of possibilities and now need to sit down and crunch numbers.

Over the past few days I've been going over my check list for the surgery/recovery and today we decided to buy a LaZ-Boy recliner.  It reclines and lifts, heats and massages.  Now I need to get rid of my sofa and re-arrange the furniture to fit the recliner into my tiny living room.

3 comments:

Sandra Rude said...

Recliners cost a pretty penny. I found that after a couple of nights sleeping on the first floor hide-a-bed, I was able to go up the stairs to our second-story bedroom. I'd say "spend the money on what you *really* need," not a recliner you might not need again for a long while (here's hoping!).

Laura Fry said...

It's actually something I've been trying to get Doug to buy for himself for several years. And the massage thingee? I can see using that myself. A lot! :)

cheers,
Laura

Nancy said...

Kudos on the recliner option, Laura! When I had back issues my recliner was the only way I could sleep and still be able to get up in the morning and actually walk without having my back all stretched out. That was one of the best pieces of advice I received from a friend, who had also "been there, done that". I hope that it also a blessing to you!