Saturday, June 1, 2013

Tangled Skein



I love when things are going smoothly and all that is required is surface attention.  I can either go into my 'zone' and use weaving as a working meditation, or I can use the time to think about writing projects.

And so it was this morning that I figured I could use the time spent weaving scarf #35 for getting my thoughts in order for AGY:L&H.

Unfortunately with not one, not two, but three major research/writing projects all clamouring for attention, I found my thoughts bouncing from one to the other as a thought regarding project 1 sparked a thought relevant to project 3 which sparked a thought relevant to project 2 which reminded me I wanted to include this or than in project 3 and where was I?

Pretty soon my thoughts were in a tangled skein (pun most definitely intended)!  It very quickly became apparent that the best use of my time was to simply go into my 'zone' and finish weaving the scarf and then get to the computer with my notes and resources and get writing!

So, lunch, then hair cut and then...write?  Or weave?  So torn!

No comments: