Friday, March 1, 2013

A Little Flexibility



This week has required some, um, flexibility, on my part because mainly I didn't have any.  My back seized up so badly on Monday that I had to use a walker to get to the chiropractic appointment and while I walked out much improved, it's been a challenging week, not being able to do much of anything.

On top of that I discovered on Monday afternoon that one of my go-to yarns for the Magic in the Water workshops was no longer available.  Jane Stafford of Jane Stafford Textiles came through for me and we decided on an appropriate substitute.  Bless her heart, she sent this lovely box of partial cones, perfect for workshop samples, and it arrived yesterday in time for me to re-jig the drafts with the new yarn for the workshop in Langley next month.

Well, I will re-jig it - soon!  I had intended to have the yarn and drafts in the mail this afternoon but I didn't sleep well last night and I've been dragging today.

However, it won't take long once I find that round tuit - any second now - and the box will go into the mail on Monday.  For sure!

The good news is that I have been able to weave a little bit and the samples for the #2 AGY:L&H sample are very close to done.  I'll probably finish those tomorrow and then start on the towels using the green colour grown Fox Fibre cotton.

I also heard from the dyer and the two test warps should be here shortly, too, so I really need to get back into gear.  I'm rapidly running out of time and can't afford to waste any more time than I have this week.  :(  I even turned down an opportunity to go to Victoria for a concert - partly because I don't trust the weather, partly because I feel I can't afford to take another 3 or 4 days 'off'.  :(

Being 'adult' about things is kind of sucky.

Currently reading Among the Mad by Jacqueline Winspear

No comments: