Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Stymied


So this is as far as I got yesterday when my lower back suddenly went into spasm to the point where I could barely make it up the stairs from the studio.  I wound up spending most of the day and evening flat on my back with alternating ice and hot.  An 'emergency' trip to the chiropractor at 3:30 pm was only made possible because Doug had a four wheeled 'walker' in his shop he was fixing for someone and the fact that he was home to drive me.  Because I doubt I could have made it on my own.  :(

The adjustment helped - afterwards I was able to walk - carefully - but there will be no weaving today.

I've got a massage appointment at 1:30 and a follow up with the chiropractor at 3.

The warp looks good, the auto advance appears to be adjusted now - the blue lines were my way of determining how many picks in an inch.  The broader bands of blue were to try and identify any threading errors - I have a nagging suspicion I made one but can't tell where it might be.  And so I'm going to just go ahead and assume that either I didn't make one or that it is near enough to invisible to not worry about - at least for the samples.  It may reveal itself once I get started weaving a longer length.

Sometimes threading errors are amazingly sneaky!  (And darned near invisible.)

4 comments:

Rhonda from Baddeck said...

Oh no! I hope your back is feeling much better soon. Thank goodness for all those little 'coincidences' that helped you get some treatment quickly.

Anonymous said...

Laura I do hope you are feeling much better today. Rest and enjoy a book for a while.

margery meyers haber said...

Hope you're feeling better and can get back to the loom fast!

Teena Tuenge said...

I find that as my eyesight gets worse, I have more and more trouble detecting the errors early! Shucks.
So I have to take a magnifying glass to the heading and run through it very carefully a little at a time.
Still have some problems that I don't catch early enough and then wonder why not, since they seem so obvious later.
Hope your back is improved very quickly.
Teena Tuenge