Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Crushing


work table and inukshuk of foam for packing the van still to be put away....


My to-be-done list is completely overwhelming right now.  I think it's a combination of fatigue and so many things to do that I just don't know where to start!

However we have made a little progress.  Doug delivered most of the empty boxes etc., to the annex this afternoon and is loading all the fibre and yarn for the sale at the guild room this weekend.  We'll take everything up there on Friday, when hopefully the emergency exit door will be unalarmed and we don't have to walk so far to drag everything up there.

I still have to sort through the workshop handouts and see what I need to order in for yarns, plus the yarns for sampling the new scarf line.  I still have not heard anything from Silk City - if I don't hear by tomorrow I will place the order again in case it just got lost in the holiday.  I really need that yarn very soon if I'm going to get a leg up on production of the new scarf line using the rick rack rayon.  With my travel schedule as full and busy as it is, there won't be a day to 'waste'.

Today I've fired up the AVL.  I will do two more samples for the designer as the last one was too 'stretchy'. I rather suspect that I am not going to be able to meet her requirements in terms of cloth stability and if neither of these two samples is good enough for her I will have to cut my losses and move on to something else.  I still have two more samples to weave for A Good Yarn:  Rayon, and I'd really like to get them done before my first trip in the new year.  Not impossible....IF I get the yarn order from Silk City by Christmas....I can always get Doug stapling samples while I am away.  :)  But they have to be woven and wet finishing first....

Next week I will contact everyone involved in the Jan/Feb trip as I need to find out if they are all a 'go' or not.  Three of the workshops require that I mail out the warp yarns and drafts and I'd really like to do that by Dec. 20 - after the rush of Christmas mail.  That won't leave a lot of time for people to dress their looms, but 6 weeks should be ok for most of them.  Besides, sometimes the longer people have, the longer they wait to do things.  I know that's how I operate!!!

And now, after much too long, I am going to go throw a shuttle!  Yay!

2 comments:

Laura said...

You might call Silk City instead of just re-ordering... that way you won't get a double order (that's the way my luck would run...).

Deep breath... It will all be fine. As for the designer, if it doesn't work, it wasn't meant to be. You have lots of other "funner" things on your plate for the future.

DebbieB said...

Glad you're "back in the shuttle again". :) I'm very much looking forward to AGY:Rayon!