Monday, November 26, 2012

A Little Room


Today Doug unloaded the van and I unpacked the boxes of inventory.  Tomorrow I will sort through everything and choose those textiles that will go on 'sale' in hopes of moving them on to a new home.

There are several scarf lines that only have a few scarves left, there are just 9 placemats, a few table runners and some tea towels that are 'orphans' - only one or two of a colour/design.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with them - they just make setting up a cohesive display difficult.  And they take up room on the shelves in my storage area.

With the exploration of some new designs - sampling will begin shortly - as well as needing to do more placemats, I need to clear some space on my shelves so getting rid of some stuff will be very welcome.

I need to order in more yarn (yes, more!) for a new scarf design and will do that in the next day or two.  I'll make up sample warps and hope to get them woven when I get home from the tour to NC/GA/TN.  Bringing a brand new scarf design to the shows means I have to start doing the weaving by June at the latest in order to get sufficient stock made.  In the meantime I will carry on with the new design I barely got ready for the shows this season because they seemed to be well received.  I ordered yarn from Silk City last week, and hope it didn't get lost in the Thanksgiving holiday.  I forgot that they would be closed.  If I don't hear anything from them in a few days, I'll place the order again and ask for confirmation they got it.

Tomorrow I will weave one more sample for the designer in Vancouver.  If she isn't happy with the quality of cloth after that sample, I don't think I can meet her needs and will move on.

Next week I will contact the tour people for Jan/Feb and hope to find out if everyone thinks they are a 'go' or not.  I need to pull warp yarns and drafts for the workshops, which means.....ordering more yarn!  :D  Best to do that before Christmas mail gets too heavy.  January will be here very soon.

The rest of this week I will spend getting ready for the sale here in PG on Sat/Sun and maybe winding a scarf or placemat warp.  Or both.  It's been far too long since I've done any weaving.  Who knows, maybe I'll have some new scarves or something in time for the pop up sale on the 15th?

Just finished reading Bones are Forever by Kathy Reichs and about to start another Donna Leon - Suffer the Little Children.  For Barbara Holloway fans - there is a new book out now, but it is only audio or ebook format.  I may be forced to buy the ebook version and put it onto my iPad for reading while on the tour?

No comments: